The Institut für angewandte Forschung (Institute for applied research) supports in an advisory function, among other things, in the following work areas
- Coordination and/or support of legal, approval and environmentally compliant implementation of construction projects at Sea
- Development and realization of technical innovations in the maritime area, compatible with human beings and the environment
- Economic optimization of projects, taking into account the technical standards, legal prerequisites and the existing environmental requirements.
- Analysis of inventory data of aquatic communities and derivation of monitoring and management measures as well as economic planning.
The Institut für angewandte Forschung (Institute for applied research) or its managing partner initiated and accompanied research, among others, in the following areas
- Development of optimized concepts for recurrent technical inspections (WKP) of offshore wind turbines
- Optimization of technologies for the reduction of noise emissions during the installation of offshore foundations
- Development of alternative environment – and resource-saving ecological acquisition methods in the course of the environmental assessment
- Investigation of abiotic environmental parameters as well as reproduction, feeding and migration strategies as a basis for the identification of key factors for the structure of fish communities
- Acquisition of migration events of fish specimens with the help of microchemical analyses of their bone structures (Otoliths)
- Identification of the impact of underwater noise on fish.